By now, a note should have come home regarding a pretty cool maths incursion that is happening during Education Week (22nd to 26th May. The 3/4s will be playing human foosball - doing maths and sport at the same time!
If you've lost the note, here it is again.
And for the Grade 3s, NAPLAN will be next week.
Tuesday 9th- LANGUAGE CONVENTIONS and WRITING
Wednesday 10th- READING
Thursday 11th- MATHS
TOP 5 TIPS FOR STUDENTS
1. Try to do your homework every night – a little revision goes a long way.
2. Think strong – just give it a go and try your best when doing your homework.
3. Speak Up – if you are feeling worried, talk to your mum, dad or carer. It will be OK.
4. Prepare yourself – Go to bed early the night before NAPLAN tests, have breakfast, take a water bottle and a healthy lunch.
5. Relax – NAPLAN won’t hurt. It will be all over in a couple of days.
TOP 6 TIPS FOR PARENTS
1. Encourage your child with their homework, short sessions of classwork revision and NAPLAN revision during the year.
2. Encourage confidence. Encourage your child to “give it a go’’, “try your best’’, “do what you can’’. Reinforce that your expectations are that the child does his or her best.
3. Discuss feelings and concerns. Let your child know that feeling anxious is normal; show empathy and listen to their fears, concerns and worries; reassure them of your expectations.
4. Maintain a caring, positive attitude. Be approachable; encourage interest activities as well as schoolwork. Your child needs to feel safe and secure at this anxious time.
5. Prepare your child. Have your child go to bed early, have breakfast, and have their water bottle and a nutritional lunch prepared. Make sure they have their test materials and requirements ready beforehand. Try to keep minimal stress levels at home. Arrive at school on time.
6. Keep perspective. This is just a test in time; just one form of assessment; success is not just determined by a test.
(This article originally appeared http://www.educatoronline.com.au/news/top-tips-for-naplan-success-235349.aspx )
The Grade 4s will be doing some activities with the Grade 6s during these sessions.